About the Guardianship Program:
- Our pup becomes Your Permanent family member, We simply retain breeding rights!
- Once your SGL breeding male or female has retired, we happily cover the cost of the spay/neuter at the clinic of our choosing.
- We cover all health testing and breeding related expenses.
- Guardians are expected to pay for normal care related expenses (e.g. normal vet visits, dog food, shots, flea/tick prevention, etc.).
- Once retired, we cover the cost of the spay/neuter.
A true Swinging Gate Labradoodles puppy is a quality bred puppy that will continue to benefit from your love, while only being a part of the breeding program for a short while
Females are bred no more than four (4) times and then retire. Males are studs for a maximum of six (6) years from date of contract or upon agreement.
Guardian Family Responsibilities
The guardian family is only responsible for the routine and customary veterinarian care and wellness of the Guardian puppy or dog placed with them, lots of love and care, regular vaccines, high quality dog food, monthly heart worm prevention, monthly flea and tick prevention, grooming, sick calls not related to breeding, regular exercise and socialization, and more than anything else, a loving family to call their own. You see, it doesn't take much. Just what you would normally do for your very best friend!
Raleigh is a future SGL mama and ready for her guardian home! She was born in January and will make an amazing addition to your family. She is loving, playful, goofy, and learning her manners. Potty training is going well and she is comfortable in a crate.
- You should have a physically fenced yard and are home most days.
- You must be willing to make the dog available for breeding when she goes into heat, or when he is needed for breeding.
- You must agree to maintain training. (No one wants a badly behaved dog) This is just as much for your benefit as it is for the pup. A well trained puppy/dog earns greater freedom and is a joy to live with and take out and about.
- You must keep dog/puppy as an indoor dog and must not leave your dog/puppy alone for extended periods of time. These are not kennel dogs although they can be and should be properly crate trained.
- Our breeding dogs must come to us at various times throughout the year. Our guardian family must be able to make the dog/puppy available to us upon request and with sufficient notice, for various types of testing, breeding, whelping, etc.
- Reliable transportation is necessary.
- You must feed only Royal Canin dog food.
- Once your SGL breeding male or female has retired, we happily cover the cost of the spay/neuter at the clinic of our choosing. The contract is complete once he/she is spayed or neutered and is no longer a member of the SGL breeding program. BUT forever a member of the SGL Family!
Interested in becoming a Guardian? Contact us today!